Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Madness

There's just something I can't resist about waking up before the crack of dawn, in the freezing cold, making a mad dash for bargains and standing in hour long lines. I love Black Friday! My sisters and I (and anyone who wishes to join each given year) have a long tradition of braving the craze that starts off the Christmas shopping season. We spend Thanksgiving Day scouring the ads and plotting our attack for the next day. We may or may have not been those crazy girls dancing and jumping for joy in the electronics department of Sears at 4:03 AM last year when discovering they were getting the last 46 inch flat screen television. We go every year without fail whether we have the money to spend or not. If the case is not, then we act as line savers for those who can spend. It's always turns out to be a good deal, an exciting rush and a spectacular time!

This year certainly did not disappoint. Even though I actually woke up at 2:45 AM in order to nurse Brody before leaving, I am still somewhat functioning by 3:00 this afternoon. I think all the lack of sleep with a newborn must have conditioned me to be one hard core Black Friday shopper.

Me, London, Cami, Susan, Sariah and Tammy breaking for breakfast at Village Inn before continuing our assault.

2 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Yay, Black Friday!! Next year I really want to be more finacially prepared. :)

*Marie* said...

Glad to hear you had fun. Hope you got some great deals!