Monday, October 26, 2009

Two Week Check & Whities

Brody had his two week checkup. He is doing great, gaining weight like crazy, a little more than an ounce a day. This didn't come as much of a shock to me since the kid eats nonstop. He still has a little jaundice; it looks worse than it is because he is so fair. But overall he is one healthy boy, and for that we are very grateful.

Here's a funny side note: I have to give him Vitamin D to supplement my breast milk. This is a precaution that is prescribed to Muslim women who cover their entire bodies with black clothing, and very fair Caucasian women. I laughed aloud when the doctor told me. Once again my extremely fair complexion bites me in the butt! I am officially deemed as pale as a woman who never sees sunlight. Sadly, both my boys have inherited my fair skin, and will also spend the rest of their lives being teased and caking on the sunscreen.

3 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Edward Cullen and the Nichols - Bringing pale back!!

Brian_n_Amy said...

Don't worry. I feel your pain. Hahaha! That's funny Rie!

Stoney said...

But Brody's fair complexion is what makes him a gorgeous baby boy. I LOVE his hair. It is however a very interesting fact:)