Friday, October 2, 2009

That's Palmer's World!

About a week ago, we moved Palmer upstairs to his big boy room (which actually used to be my room during my school years) since the baby will be taking over the nursery.

We decorated the room on quite the budget. All the furniture was from his nursery. We have a hand-me-down crib for the new baby, and chose to keep Palmer's original set with him since this crib turns into a toddler bed. The bedding was the best priced set we found, and so we went with the theme from there. We painted the room white. It desperately needed a fresh coat, and we did an accent wall in Elmo red. The shelf we already had and just painted it to match. The totes are from the dollar store. The curtains were a good price. The mirror used to be in my room when I was a teenager. The books on top of the shelf were a baby gift from Grandma Nancy. The only item we really splurged on was the Elmo chair (which we did still find for a good deal, Walmart.com had it for half the price of Amazon), and it is adorable and worth every penny. It talks (plays Elmo says) and giggles and spins around. Palmer loves it! We had planned on it being his Christmas gift, but in a moment of weakness we both decided to pull it out when initially introducing Palmer to his new room.

I have a few more decorating plans in mind for the Elmo room in the future. Hopefully, I will be able to find the time and money to complete them soon. But in the meantime, Palmer seems pretty happy with it.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

looks so cute! i love it! good job for doing it on a budget! I am about to start our baby's room (aka Maddie) I know how slow am I?

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

You did a great job! It's so cute!!

mj said...

what a lucky boy! c went totally bananas when he saw the pics...he loves elmo too! good work and way to decorate on a budget!

*Marie* said...

It looks great! You did fantastic.

(And I went back and looked at the nursery. Wow!)