Monday, October 26, 2009

Stir Crazy

I like to be out and about. With both pregnancies I was at the store grocery shopping the day I got home from the hospital. Palmer is likewise an on the move type of person. Everyday I either have him at the daycare with me (playing away to his hearts content), out visiting friends or running errands. Now that I am homebound much of the day with a healing incision and a newborn during flu season, Palmer is going stir crazy. If he doesn't leave the house, he is left with far too much energy and therefore is unable to nap, gets cranky and displays some very naughty behaviors.

So the other night we took a trip to the dollar store to fill up some time and burn a certain toddler's energy. Palmer was in heaven! We told him he could pick out a toy, something we never offer, but since it was a dollar store, how can you go wrong? He of course initially picked a ball, or in his words "da-ball." Since he already has a few balls at home, Greg persuaded him to get a recorder instead. On our way out he also charmed us into getting him a balloon, or "boon," another of his favorite toys. We returned home with a couple dollars less in our wallet, but with one very happily entertained little boy.

4 comments:

Rie Pie said...

I've never heard him say Boon!! I need to come by. I miss your family!! Don't you love that I just invited myself over.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry that you are stuck in the house with a newborn in Flu Season. That is so hard. Hang in there.

Stoney said...

Oh, how I can relate! I feel as if our boys don't get outside for just 20 minutes a day we all go nuts. I am not looking forward to this cold weather.

Adrienne said...

He looks so grown up! Can't believe about the medical scare, you must have been terrified. I'm glad you're okay.