Saturday, October 24, 2009

Postsurgery Scare

My older sister London almost died after getting an infection in her c-section incision, consequently my family is a bit paranoid about infections after surgery. On Thursday my incision was hurting so severely that I asked Greg to stay home from work to help me with the boys and Brody's doctor appointment. I had to take more medication that day than I even needed in the hospital. That night I had trouble sleeping because of the pain. I finally fell asleep around 3:00 and awoke at 5:30 to find myself covered in blood. We called the on call OB and she told me to avoid the ER to limit my exposure to swine flu and instead head to the instacare when it opened to have it looked at. At 8:00 I arrived at the instacare, only to be told they wouldn't see me and that I needed to take such a problem to my OB. He of course was out for the day, as were his coworkers. To make a long story short, after calling around to everywhere and having everyone telling me different things to do, nine hours later, I was able to get my doctor to look at the incision. What a stressful day!

Thankfully, there is no infection. After all that worry, I found out that I just had some fluid trapped underneath the skin that had to drain out. Unfortunately, my incision is now open and I have to be very careful that it doesn't get infected. It also is quite painful again, so I am back to being an invalid. Last night I told Greg as of right now, I think I am fine only having two children. He agreed. However, I'm sure I will eventually forget all the difficulty and hardship I have been going through, and crazily enough, do it all again.

4 comments:

Chumpy said...

I'm so sorry Lera!! That sucks so bad. Hopefully everything will be better from here out.

Chumpy said...

Wow. This is Rie, I just posted under Chumpy's name. I didn't know he was logged in. lol. Maybe I should write a post under his name too.

*Marie* said...

That's so scary! I'm sorry you are going through that. I hope you heal correctly and safely.

Stoney said...

Oh Lera! So Sorry to hear. Take care of yourself.