Saturday, October 10, 2009

At Home and Recovering

We were able to come home yesterday morning. I really don't enjoy being in the hospital and always choose to leave the earliest the doctor will allow me. The nurses were great, and I had another very positive experience with IMC, nonetheless I was ready for the comforts of my own home. The nurse yesterday morning made a joke that I was not to sneak out while she went to get some paperwork.

I am recovering well. It is true what they say, a scheduled c-section is so much easier than an emergency c-section where you have labored beforehand. I am getting around well. I have been able to survive on ibuprofen without having to take a bunch of heavy narcotics. The only thing that has been rough about this delivery is my cold. I still have the constant cough I've been plagued with the last few months, only now it feels like my incision is ripping open each hack. The cold was also a bad combination with the spinal block, which already makes one feel like she cannot breathe. I was gasping for air through the entire procedure.

Palmer has adjusted amazingly well. Our family (London, Grandma Nancy) and friend (Jenny) reported that he was very well behaved for them while I was in the hospital. I am so thankful for their help during the last week! What a wonderful support system we are blessed with. He has had the same great behavior since we've been home. I haven't really seen a whole lot of jealousy yet. He is very interested in his little brother and points and talks to him often. He even has tried to play peek-a-boo with him. He is such a sweetie!

Brody is doing well also. He loves to eat, and therefore poops nonstop. He nurses for 30-40 minutes just about every two hours, which I'll admit has made for some exhausting nights. But, I am glad that he latches on so well and that I don't have to worry if he is getting enough nourishment. Just like delivery, nursing the second time around is turning out to be
so much easier.

So things are pretty well. Now if I could just get some sleep...

2 comments:

Lissa and Cory said...

Congratulations Lera. I am glad you are home and doing well.

*Marie* said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you all are doing well. I hope your cold/cough goes away, so the rest of your body can heal properly.