Monday, September 7, 2009

Toddler Days

It is official that Palmer is no longer a baby and rather has become a full blown toddler. He has proven this time and time again in the last few months by getting into everything and throwing serious tantrums over nothing. He really is growing up so fast! Which is great at the moment for our family since we are welcoming a new baby in less than a month, but sad at the same time because I feel he should still be my little baby.

Besides the few difficulties related to the toddler phase, I have to admit that it can be a pretty fun stage. He talks and signs nonstop. This week he has picked up the sign for eat and ball, and had started saying "peek-a-boo" (so cute) and "thank you" (which melts my heart). He understands when we ask him to go get something or take something to someone. He eats his meals with utensils. He will go off and play by himself and especially with other kids for a short period of time, which I find fabulous when I need to clean or even would like to visit with an adult for a bit. And yesterday Palmer had his first haircut. This may not seem like such a milestone to most babes, but considering that Palmer was a baldy for the majority of his life, it seemed like a big deal to us. Auntie Rie was kind enough to do the job and she did spectacular amid his constant wiggles and curiosity concerning her hair clipping equipment.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You have the cutest little boy ever. His smile and those dimples melt my heart. Hope everything goes well for you as you welcome the new baby soon.
love ya

Rie Pie said...

I know. sigh.

How I know he's getting older...he went from my Palmer, to baby Palmer, and then finally Palmer Gene!!!