Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Month!

Just wanted to wish all my readers a "happy month." My dad would always wish my mom a happy month on the first of the month. I'm not sure exactly where the saying comes from, but I always thought it was so sweet and thoughtful. I have remembered a couple times to say it to Greg and he has also remembered once or twice to tell me so as well. My dad was pretty on top of it, but if he ever happened to miss the good tiding on the first of the month he was sure to apologize and vocalize it on the second or third.

My parents set such a wonderful example of a loving husband and wife relationship. I'm am truly so very lucky to have grown up in such an environment. I was always finding little love notes they would write back and forth to each other since my father would return home from work after my mother went to sleep, and she would awake before him. And they were always affectionate with each other: little kisses and holding hands, even rubbing each others' feet. I hope to follow their example and create the same loving atmosphere in our own home for our children.

4 comments:

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I remember how your mom used to love to make birthdays last all week long. This morning when Dave wished me "Happy Birthday Month", it made me smile and remember your mom, and how she used to say things like that.

Lisa said...

Love this post. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to go wish my family Happy Month.
Love ya Lera

Rie Pie said...

Happy Month Sis!!! I said this to Gibbs at work today, she didn't get it.