Friday, August 14, 2009

Recipe - Fruit Pizza

We had our Relief Society Picnic last night. I supplied the dessert, fruit pizza for fifty. It pretty much took my whole day, more specifically four hours, but it turned out yummy, so that's all that matters right? When making it in a regular quantity (for this occasion I had to 4 1/2 times the recipe... the math hurt my brain at times) it really doesn't take too long. The recipe was my mother's. It is very light and refreshing, my favorite version of fruit pizza that I have tried yet.

Fruit Pizza

Crust:
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. milk
1/3 c. shortening
2 t. almond extract
1/3 c. oil
1 egg

Cream above ingredients until light and fluffy.

1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. salt

Sift the three ingredients listed above. Gradually blend into wet mixture on low speed. Spread crust onto ungreased 12” pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees, 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool.

Topping:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/3 c. sugar
½ t. vanilla.

Blend above ingredients. Spread over crust. Cover with a variety of fruit. To fill a rectangular cookie sheet make 1 1/2 of recipe.

5 comments:

mj said...

mmm i think my computer has smell o vision!

*Marie* said...

Looks so tasty! I hope you weren't too burnt out after making so much. Thanks for the recipe.

zanobo said...

Thanks for the recipe Lera. I might use it for SEP Dinners at the school this year:)

Angela said...

Thanks for posting the fruit pizza recipe. I will have to try it out. It sure does look good.

Lisa said...

Just wanted you to know that Susanna did make this and the teachers LOVED them, just emailed the recipe to the teachers.
Also Pam Thomas made your lemon bars last night and I ate 3. They are so my down fall.
Love ya and hope you are well