Monday, August 3, 2009

My House has Thrown Up

We had a busy weekend: huge yard sale, several trips to the D.I., lots of people over, errands, a ward activity, some church calling responsibilities to catch up on, etc. As a result of such business, today I am met with a house that looks like a tornado ran through it. This morning as Greg was leaving for work he asked me to grab his lanyard. After I asked him where to find it, he replied, "In the pile of crumbs." That's right, we have a location in our home right now that can be defined as a pile of crumbs (a.k.a. the bag of Cheese-Its that Palmer dumped out as we were leaving to get lunch after the yard sale). Today my plan is to clean, clean, clean. I can't remember the last time our house was in such disarray, and the messy state is giving me some serious anxiety with my pregnancy nesting compulsion as well as a fifteen month old who follows behind me undoing anything I just straightened up.

The yard sale was a great success. It was a lot of work and a long day out in the sun, but we saved ourselves more than half the loads we would have taken to the D.I. (plus borrowing a friend's truck), made some extra money off of items we no longer wanted and best of all, dejunked our house to make room for the new baby. Thanks to all those who dropped by and supported us!

3 comments:

Rie Pie said...

I love that there is only one pile of crumbs... your house isn't dirty until you have more than one pile. lol.

Lisa said...

Go Lera Go, I wish you good cleaning, it always makes people like us feel better.
I was sad you guys were out in the sun so long. Glad the yard sale was a success, I know Bailey will enjoy her purchases.
Love ya

Tiffany said...

I may have supported you at your yard sale, but you supported my scrapbooking habit because of it. Thanks again!! =)c