Monday, August 24, 2009

Hess Mobile

Due to the fact that my car has passed on, we are now the proud owners of a minivan. We got a pretty great deal on a 2000 Ford Windstar, and so far we are really loving it. It drives smoothly and the engine has quite a bit of punch to it. I even love the color. I really hope it'll be a good car for us. The previous owners seemed to take good care of it; the inside is very clean and the engine looks almost new. And with the new baby on the way, it will be perfect to have a nice, roomy, family vehicle.

I really hope we made a good choice in buying this. Our savings is completely wiped out now, which we were planning on using for doctors' bills. Unfortunately, scrimping by on one vehicle as a family wasn't even an option since Greg's Mustang doesn't fit the baby's carseat. It hardly fits his tall frame, Palmer's booster seat, and my pregnant belly (this past week has made for some very uncomfortable traveling). And walking to and from work this last week has given me serious contractions; I don't know how much longer I could have kept it up. So I am very thankful we were able to find something quickly. We truly tried our best to find a balance between the least money we had to spend in order to get a dependable ride. Here's hoping the Hess Mobile was a good investment.

4 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Go, Go Hess mobile!! I like it. A lot. Palmer looks like such a little man in that pic. He is so cute. I can't wait to cruise State Street in that baby with you. :) What is her name??? I think we all know that the Nichols' girls can't own a car with out a name.

Lisa said...

Welcome to the Mini Van world, hope you will enjoy your stay. We love ours and hope it will be a great ride for you as well. So glad you are not walking to work getting contractions anymore, scary.
I can see lots of scrapbook stuff fitting in there also. Good luck.

Martha Belle Schultz said...

Love it ! The mormonmobile is a must with 2 or more kids hope you enjoy it !

*Marie* said...

Congrats on your new wheels! I hope they do well for your family.