Monday, August 31, 2009

Ely Trip

We made a short trip to Ely, Nevada this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) to visit with Greg's dad Kelly. Here are a few facts about the getaway:
  • Palmer refused to take a single nap during the entire eight hours of driving.
  • We ate our weight in delicious food (gourmet lunch meat sandwiches for lunch, steak with baked potatoes and grilled zucchini for dinner, sausage gravy over biscuits with scrambled eggs for breakfast, and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and roasted chocolate marshmallows for snacking).
  • I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em. I'm not very good at bluffing... no surprise there.
  • We took a scenic drive through the mountains and saw sheep, deer and cows.
  • We watched a Last Comic Standing marathon.
  • Palmer did his normal ransacking of every electronic and breakable object in their home.
  • I looked longingly at their hot tub and four wheelers. Greg was a good sport and did not get in the hot tub or go four wheeling since I, being so pregnant, was unable to do so myself. What a nice hubby.
  • Palmer had an on going battle between himself and the two dogs to see who was tougher. The dogs usually won.
  • We had a great time visiting with family!


2 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Glad you had such a fun time! I love little weekend getaways.

Lisa said...

Have to say I love the bacon wrapped Jalapeno poppers but we have gotten some really hot ones lately and Mitch is against me making them any more. We grilled them and I love all things spicy.