Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quirky Sleeper

I was awoken at four this morning to Palmer jumping in his bed. He was talking and laughing and jumping with such force that the wall was shaking. This is not too uncommon for our little guy. He loves to play in his crib, which is fabulous for me when it's not four in the morning; I can easily leave him in bed a half hour after he wakes without him complaining. He has always woken in such a good mood. When he was little we knew he was up because we would hear him laughing, instead of crying as most babies do.

We also love the way he sleeps. Lately he often has his butt sticking up in the air. When he is really ready for a good sleep he puts both arms behind his head. This is the same position we found him in during his first ultrasound. If he is having a hard time and is grumpy we are always rewarded with a big smile and a contented sigh when we give him his blankie and place him in bed. How thankful I am to have such a sweet, quirky sleeper!

However, he is not the most sound sleeper. He gets his light sleeping from me. (Greg slept right though the jumping in the bed incident last night.) In fact, when I have to go pee in the middle of the night, I don't flush the toilet until the morning because the bathroom is right next to his room and I'm afraid to wake him. I'm sure once we add a screaming newborn into the mix in a few months he will either learn to get used to more noise or I will desperately be missing his previously good sleeping habits. I am truly hoping the former circumstance will occur.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

He is so adorable in this picture! I love it!

Lissa and Cory said...

Palmer is so cute!!

Tiffany said...

It looks like you posed Palmer for that picture. He is so cute!

Rie Pie said...

This totally makes me want to sing Beautiful Boy by the Beatles. He is so hansome.

Rie Pie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.