Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Multifamily Yard Sale!!!

We are having a huge multifamily yard sale this Saturday from 8:00 am - noon. Our contribution alone to the sale is quite large. We have finally gone through the backroom which was chuck full of my parents' leftovers. It was the craftroom, among other things, so we have TONS of scrapbooking/crafting supplies that we just want to get rid of, and consequently are dirt cheap. I'm talking about $2.00 for an entire album of stickers and diecuts (some sheets alone which were worth $5.00 to begin with) and for a two foot long tote of paper. We also combined my scrapbook room with the office so I had to limit the supplies of my own that I kept. We also have a lot of books, Cds, DVDs, toys, games, electronics, kitchen supplies and furniture (TV stands, king size mattress set, kitchen table, coffee table, desks, book shelves, a plush rocking chair, etc.) from us and the other families involved.

Our house is almost all ours (we will have to finish the garage and attic next year), but all the rooms now are dejunked, full of only our stuff and cleared out to make room for the new baby. It is a great feeling!

Here are a few funny/embarrassing items we found in our process of purging. I'll leave it up to your imagination to decide which items were my parents' and which were actually among our possessions.

  • Backstreet Boys CD
  • Spice Girls CD
  • a bag of shopping bags that someone thought were cute enough to save for years
  • NES Nintendo complete with Dr. Mario
  • a crochet hoop that is approximately the size of a human
  • three packages of the same LDS card game
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun, seasons one and two on DVD
  • every decoration (including tied ribbon bows) from my wedding reception
  • a whole lot of LDS teenage fiction novels (i.e. Anita Stansfield, Jack Weyland, Chris Heimerdinger...)
  • the tackiest, gaudiest motorized suncatcher I have ever seen (which I secretly love because it so reminds me of my mom)
  • an album full of newspaper clippings from the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, not to mention a Beret, and about 30 collector pins
  • an old broken hamper full of dirty towels
  • a box full of rusty pipes and broken sprinkler heads
  • a 20 year old ward cookbook with Relief Society incorrectly spelled

FYI - many of these embarrassing items were thrown away or in the case of a rare collector, marked for a quarter.

6 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Wow. I can't wait to get rid of this stuff. I have 1 box and two garbage bags just full of VHS tapes...

Barb said...

I will definately be there, for the scrapbooking and some of your mom's stuff, (for the memories).

Adrienne said...

Fun! Email me if you can which Anita Stansfield books you have and how much you want for them, I loved those and can't get them out here!

Brian_n_Amy said...

Oooh! I'm so there!

Haley said...

You best not have thrown away Seasons 1 and 2 of Third Rock from the Sun. That's quality entertainment right there!

Tiffany said...

We were planning on going up to Oakley Friday night and spending the weekend up there for my little brother's birthday. However, I HAVE to come see all of the good stuff you have to offer. I have changed Jay's mind into going up Saturday morning after we hit your yard sale instead!!! Yipee! See you bright and early! :)