Friday, July 24, 2009

Hives


This is the state we found Palmer in when went in his room to wake him this morning. I have racked my brain and can't think of anything he has eaten the last 24 hours that he had not had before. Since it is a state holiday, his pediatrician wasn't in so we took him to the instacare. All the receptionists gasped when we walked in the door. The doctor greeted us with a "Whoa!" and said it was one of the most impressive cases of hives he had ever seen. Everyone was very concerned for our little guy. However, he didn't have a fever and was acting like his normal rambunctious self, so the doctor said there was nothing to worry about. I am to give him steroids and Benedryl for the next five days, and it should clear up in about three days. My poor baby!

7 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Oh, my goodness. I have tears in my eyes!! Poor Palmer.

*Marie* said...

Poor kid. And poor you!

Brian_n_Amy said...

Oh my gosh! That poor little guy! Did the doctor happen to say what it was that caused it? Well, I'm glad that you were able to get into a doctor.

Lera said...

The doctor said it could be anything. We know he gets a very small rash when he eats strawberries, but he hadn't even had any and this was much more intense than his other reactions. If it happens again I am supposed to take him to an allergist.

It is looking much better now since I have been giving him the medicine.

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Poor thing! That doesn't look good at all!! It could be the heat. I sometimes get a small amount of hives from the heat or if I'm stressed. Glad he's doing better!

Lisa said...

How horrible for everyone. Poor Palmer. Hope it all works out, good luck my friend. It is so hard when we do not not understand WHY or What it is.
love ya

Haley said...

Poor little guy! At least he doesn't seem to mind them too much. I hope they go away soon.