Monday, July 27, 2009

Hives Update

Today is the fourth day and the hives are still making their presence known. It seems to come and go in stages. One afternoon he will be almost cleared up and then that evening he will be all blotchy and swollen again. Yesterday morning it was as bad as the first morning, and I decided to take him back to the doctor Monday morning, but now it is lightening up, so I suppose we will wait it out. We have washed all his clothes and bedding and are hoping whatever caused the reaction is now gone. It's interesting going out in public with him. We get a lot of stares and it makes me very self conscious and very protective at the same time. A few people where brave enough to ask in a brazen voice, "What's wrong with your baby!?" I did appreciate the honesty over the staring because at least when asked I could explain that it was just an allergic reaction and that he was not contagious. He still seems to be his normal happy and energetic self. He is a little bit more sensitive; I'm sure because he is itchy and hot and uncomfortable. I lovingly refer to him as polka-dotted Palmer. Greg sometimes calls him a leper, also lovingly and in good sport.

4 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Cute pic!! I can't believe that they're not gone yet.

Tiffany said...

Poor little man!! Hope he gets feeling better soon...

Lisa said...

Poor Palmer, the pictures do not do it justice. Hope it clears up soon for everyone.

Lera said...

I agree, I don't think the pictures even come close to how rough he looks.