Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Happy 4th

We had a good time celebrating our nation's Independence Day this year. We had a BBQ/potluck with some ward friends. Palmer had a great time playing with all the kids and exploring a nice backyard and all it's playground amenities, and we had a great time chatting with our friends. I, of course brought lemon bars for the occasion.

Then we headed to Thanksgiving Point along with my sisters, nephews, and my sister's friend Shea to join our other friends, the Jennes, for a fireworks display. The fireworks were great; huge, loud, very colorful and they lasted about 40 minutes. It did take us until midnight to get out of the parking lot, but hey, I guess that's what free holiday events are all about!

3 comments:

Stoney said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Didn't Shea go to Hunter and play softball..she looks so familiar (Is her name Shannon?)

Rie Pie said...

Yep her name is Shannon, she did play softball, and went to Hunter.
So you probably are spot on.

Cute blog lera, I love the pics!! Like always, Palmer looks super cute.

ColbandSar said...

Looks like fun! And I am totally going to check out those books you recommended! THey dound right up my alley and I've been looking for something new to read! Thanks!