Friday, June 12, 2009

Women at the Well and Recipes - Scalloped Corn & Lemonade Pie

Last night we had our quarterly Relief Society Enrichment activity. It was wonderful! A good friend in the ward is a member of a singing group that has been singing together for 13 years. They came and performed Kenneth Cope's Woman at the Well. It was amazing! What beautiful voices and what a beautiful message.

I am on the enrichment board and I was in charge of food at this particular activity. I prepared dinner for fifty woman, and almost everything was eaten up (thank goodness, I don't know how much of the leftovers I could eat after cooking such a huge quantity and looking at it all day). We had BBQ pork sandwiches, scalloped corn, baked beans, applesauce and lemonade pie for dessert. It turned out well. The recipes are extremely easy; I made sure of it since there would be so much to cook. Enjoy!

Scalloped Corn

3 cans of corn
3 cans of creamed corn
1 can of evaporated milk
3 packages of saltine crackers, crumbled (3/4 of a large box)
2 sticks of butter

Combine corns, milk and 2 packages of crackers in a 4 L. casserole dish. Cover the top with the last package of crackers. Melt butter and pour over the top. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Lemonade Pie

1/2 can of pink lemonade concentrate
1 8-ounce tub of cool whip
1 can sweetened and condensed milk
1 graham cracker pie crust

Bring lemonade to room temperature. Fold lemonade and milk into cool whip. Fill pie with lemonade mixture. Store in the freezer for at least one hour, or even overnight to set.

3 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Glad you don't have a weeks worth of leftovers!! I was concerned with the 18 cans of corn and 10 pounds of meat.... lol. Palmer was so freaking cute. He smiled and laughed the whole time.

Linnae said...

Your recipe's sound wonderful and easy enough but would just SHOW me how to cook? I need to watch you in action. I can't cook, bake, stir, flip, mix, anything. AHHH! But I want to try your recipe's! Help! You got skill girl!

Lera said...

Thanks so much for watching Palmer Rie. It would have been insanity having him there while cooking and setting up. You are the best!

Linnae, you're too kind. But, I promise these recipes don't take any skills at all. In fact, most of mine don't. I have faith in you girl! :)