Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recipe - Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the recipe for the cookies I made for Father's Day. Until recently I have sworn that Nestle Toll House's recipe for chocolate chip cookies is the best. Several months ago though, I tried a recipe from my friend Jenn and changed my mind. I love these cookies. The are easy to prepare and only dirty one bowl. They bake up perfectly, taste delicious and I can eat far too many of them.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 cups flour
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix all together. Spoon into balls on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.

2 comments:

The Hancuff's said...

i'm totally trying this one. seems i always fail at chocolate chip cookies, but this one seems like i can't fail.

sarahmartina said...

These look delicious! I posted about a cookie recipe I tried not too long ago... here: http://sarahmartina.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/mmmmm/.

I love finding new recipes... yum! :-) G'night!