Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Me: Defined at Age 27

I am a wife and mother, a sister, a daughter, a good friend. I am a child of God and I know he loves me and is mindful of my wants and needs. I am crafty. I like to create with my hands. I am a lover of the written word. I put a good meal on the table. I am a fixer; I will worry about you and give you advice. If possible, I will try to make your life a little bit easier. I over commit, because it makes me happy to be busy. I like to socialize; my only body part that is regularly exercised is my mouth. I am my mother's daughter, and I am proud to be so. I love to play board games, and confidently challenge anyone to try and beat me at Boggle. I cry easily. It is my go to emotional response to every situation whether it be happy, sad, spiritual or angering. I live for my family. I work my life around my child's naps. My home is overly organized, but not necessarily always clean. Making lists is an art form for me. I have my to do list, my meal list, my list of monthly activities, my biweekly budget, my list of goals, my list of topics I plan to blog about, and my grocery list which has four stages of drafting to go through before it is complete and ready for a trip to the store. I like to shake my groove thing. I am honest. To me, the ultimate indulgence is a hot bath and a good book at the end of the day. I have long toes, and even though I don't like them, I am usually clad in sandals. I am optimistic. I am trying to cling to my girly roots in a household of boys, with no time to primp. I would prefer to bake a dessert than cook dinner. I bite my fingernails. I miss teaching. I usually run ten minutes late. I wish I had more time with my husband. I yearn desperately for a vacation. I have a bun in my oven; I am beginning to waddle. I am growing up too fast. I still wear flowers in my hair, and on occasion, pig tails. I am a woman of faith. I have high morals. I regularly practice tough love on myself. I am not so good at using tough love with my child. I fully acknowledge that chick flicks are cheesy, but I still like them. I stress about my loved ones. I correct grammar. I have accepted the fact that I can not tan. I am clumsy. I see dead people, just kidding. I do see the good in people. Being pregnant, I am feistier than my usually disposition. I have gotten sucked into the reality TV craze that I have heretofore protested. I am behind on laundry. I am getting out of debt. I read for pleasure. I smile. I laugh. I am ready for all the good things this year will bring. I am learning, I am growing. I am not yet done defining myself.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful Lera,Thank you so much. I LOVE YOU. NO YOU, all those things I so love about you. I am so blessed to be your friend and to call you mine.

Rie Pie said...

I love it!! You are such a great writer. A great person too.

Coco said...

It's ok that you've been sucked into Reality TV, just let it happen!!! hahaha I looooove it :)

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

You got it all right! You're just a great person overall! I love getting to know you better!

*Marie* said...

That was amazing.