Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I made Greg breakfast, waffles, bacon and orange juice, this morning for Father's Day. Palmer's gift to his dad was that he slept in and was pretty well behaved at church. We had dinner with my side of the family, and we gave my dad chocolate chip cookies. We sent a card to Greg's Dad in Ely and called him to say hello. We ended the evening by taking a plate of cookies to our Bishop to wish the father of our ward a happy Father's Day.

I have been blessed with so many wonderful fathers in my life. My Heavenly Father who is mindful of my wants and needs, my own father who is the definition of humility, Greg's father who is always good for a laugh, and my own husband who has proven time and time again to be an amazing father to our little boy. Greg loves being a dad, and it shows. He always wants to be with Palmer. He is always willing to step in and help out with parenting duties, no matter how unpleasant they are or how tired he is. He roughhouses and plays hard with Palmer, but also offers lots of cuddling and hugs and kisses. We are so lucky to have him in our lives. He is kind and patient. He has a great sense of humor and makes life fun. He is a worthy priesthood holder. He is a good provider. He loves us and we so love him. Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. Thanks for all you do!

No comments: