Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Fun

I have been celebrating my birthday in grand style (as usual). Saturday Greg's mom babysat and Greg took me to The Cheesecake Factory. Yum! It was delicious! Greg ordered the bang, bang chicken and I ordered the chicken castallano, and then we split a Godiva chocolate cheesecake. As we enjoyed our meals, we wondered why we don't go there more often; then we received the bill and remembered why. Although the food was definitely worth the money, we will have to continue dining out there only for special occasions.

Sunday we celebrated my birthday with our families and a few friends at my Dad's condominium's clubhouse. We had personal pizzas, green salad, Schimdt's white cake with butter cream frosting and Dreyers ice cream, another yummy meal. I received money (for maternity clothes) and many of our family members pitched in with Greg to get me this baby. We are waiting on a memory card to start using it, but it looks like it will take amazing pictures. I told Greg I wanted a better camera and he definitely took that to heart. He always gets me the best gifts. I am so excited to put it to use!

Today is my actual birthday. I am planning on relaxing and spending some good me time, i.e. a nap, a trip to the gym, curling up with a good book, and making a no fuss super easy dinner. I know, I'm spoiled.

10 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a kick awesome butt kickin' day!!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to You! Jay's taking me to the Cheesecake Factory for my Birthay on Monday. MMM! We must think alike. =)

Rie Pie said...

THIS IS YOUR BIRTHDAY SONG, IT ISN'T VERY LONG - HEY!!
Happy B-day Mr. Vern.

Barb said...

You will love the camera, I have the very same one, and all the different lenses. I use it ALL the time. Be sure to order the 8gb flash, (you'll fill it with lots of photos), and the fast drive for taking quick action shots, (comes in VERY handy). I already have about $10K in my camera and accessories and I still keep adding to it. ENJOY.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you are definitely having a great birthday! and your new camera looks awesome! I am jealous!

claire said...

Happy Birthday. Looks like you really know how to celebrate, good for you. Congrats on the baby also. Take care.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend. I love that you celebrate in grand style, that is the only way to go. I love the flower in your hair as well.
Go Lera Go.

Angela said...

Happy Late Birthday, Sorry I am a little late. It sounds like you had a great time celebrating. Now just think we have 3 years until we turn 30, that's hard to believe sometimes.

Coco said...

Mmmm Schmidt's cake...happy birth celebration friend!

Stoney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LERA!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE WELL TAKEN CARE OF:)!