Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Favorite Things

I am heading to a favorite things party this evening. Each person brings a gift bag of her favorite things to give to another person and goes home with a gift bag of someone else's favorite things. Here is what is in my favorites.



  1. Moulin Rouge. My all time favorite movie! I love Ewan McGregor, I love Nicole Kidman, and I love the music. It basically rocks!

  2. Mini Scrapbook Album. It's no secret that I love to scrapbook, so to represent that favorite pastime I made a mini purse album. All the recipient will have to do is fill it with pictures and possibly journaling.

  3. Mint Chapstick. I cannot go anywhere with out this trusty friend by my side. I put it on at least three times a day.

  4. Recipes. I included my favorite tried and true recipes, many of which are on this blog. The included are: grape salad, apples and sweet potatoes, chicken enchiladas, chicken and dumplings, mini meatloaves, cranberry apple pork roast, spaghetti carbonera, spinach and ham pasta bake, cookies from a cake mix, fruit pizza, lemon bars, chocolate lovers cake with chocolate glaze, and peanut butter kiss cookies. Looks like I'll need to post the few that are missing a link soon.

  5. Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. These are my favorite cookie. I don't make them too often because they aren't a very quick cookie, but the little bit of extra time is worth the results.

5 comments:

The Hancuff's said...

that is such a cute idea! i'll have to do that with some of my girlfriends sometime.

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Sounds like a fun party! Might have to throw one of those myself!

Rie Pie said...

Your bag is awesome!! I really want to do this party. But I'm a little confused on how to fit men into my bag...

ps. please post your chocolate cake and glaze recipe! Mmmmm.

Lera said...

Rie, it's already been posted in the past. Just click on the link to get to the recipe.

And the party was super fun. I would definately be up for it again. I have lots of other favorites I could have represented.

*Marie* said...

What a great idea for a party! I would love to hear more about it. Will you email me about it? And, you will definitely have to post what you receive at the party.