Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May = Busy

Our calendar for May is packed full! Seriously, I don't feel like we have had a chance to breath, and this past weekend was no exception.

Grandma Emily's 80th Birthday. Greg's side (including aunts, uncles and cousins) all got together on Saturday to celebrate Grandma Emily's 80th birthday at Wheeler Farm. We had sandwiches and several salads. I made and brought a broccoli salad. After we ate we were able to look at the animals. Palmer and Greg had a good time. I was pretty sick by then, and the smells of the animals weren't helping, so it was a quick tour. We will have to go back soon and make a real visit of it. We also celebrated our niece Tamara's birthday the night before, and my older sister London's birthday the next day.

A Quick Date. We were originally planning on moving Greg's mom after the birthday party, but she wasn't ready and decided to move next weekend, so we were left with a free evening. We decided to take advantage of the rare spare time and Greg and I got a babysitter and went to go see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I loved it! It was so fun to go out as a couple and see an adult movie. Of course I was sick during the date, but I made the best I could of it and tried to have as much fun possible. When we returned home however, the sickness really hit me and I was throwing up in the bathroom most of the night.

Visiting Moms. I already posted about my own experience this Mothers Day, but I also want to mention that we took time to visit our own mothers. I took a trip to the mausoleum when my mother is laid to rest all by myself. The baby was sleeping and Greg offered to wake him up and accompany me, but I said I preferred to go alone. I haven't been able to take a trip to see my mom alone since Palmer was born. It's wonderful to have supportive people about you, but sometimes you just need to be alone to really let yourself feel. Later we visited Greg's mom as a family and chatted a little. We gave her a card and a small gift.

London's Birthday Get Together. We celebrated my sister's birthday on Sunday during our bi-weekly Sunday family dinner. We had a BBQ, and we had three different kinds of fondue with lots of dipping treats for dessert. It was yummy! We gave London a couple pairs of cute shoes, as did someone else. She should definitely be set in terms of footwear this summer.

1 comment:

Rie Pie said...

May has been SO BUSY!! I really can't understand what is going on.