Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bedroom Shower

Last night I threw a bedroom shower for my sister-in-law Emily who is getting married in a week. It was an absolute blast! We served mocktails (thanks to my creative sister London) and a chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, angel food cake, pretzels and marshmallows for dipping. Fancy!















We played a really fun game. Everyone wrote down an answer for each category: a sexy celebrity, a body part that is kissed, a great honeymoon spot, something a person wears to feel more attractive, and something a couple can do to spice up their love life, and put the answers in a bowl. There were three rounds were we each took a turn drawing pieces of paper (for 2 minutes) and either describing the answer like Taboo (1st round), describing the answer with only one word (2nd round) or acting out the answer like charades (3rd round). It was hilarious!

We then opened gifts. She received some wild stuff. I wrote down many of the things she said while opening presents and then read them back afterwards as a preview of the things she would be saying on her honeymoon night. It was too funny! It's important to note here that what's said (or acted out) at a bedroom shower stays at the bedroom shower. I'll just say finish up by saying it was a greatly fun girl's night!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I want the sister's to throw a party for me. I love the picture of the 3 of you. I think you 3 are just the best.

mj said...

you are the queen of parties...you should seriously be a professional party thrower. i get jealous sometimes.