Thursday, April 9, 2009

Motherhood and Pregnancy: a Demonic Duo

This morning was quite the adventure. Palmer was screaming and reaching for me, so I picked him up. He then proceeded to throw up, not spit up but actual throw up, all over himself, me, the chair, the carpet... seriously, it went everywhere! I quickly stripped him and myself down so we wouldn't mess anything else and drew him a bath. Once he was in the tub, I decided to clean up everything before changing so I wouldn't dirty another set of clothes. Of course, this incident had to occur in the morning, when my stomach is pretty sensitive anyway, so as I was cleaning up the mess, I became sick myself. So there I am, hovering over the toilet, totally naked, puking, with a screaming baby in the bathtub next to me.

Oh my, I thought it was difficult being pregnant the first time, but add another baby in the mix and the experience is in an entirely different playing field.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

oh my sweet friend. I loved the visual. It is going to be a hard little while for you. I am so sorry. But these are days that I promise you will look back on and laugh someday, just not today. Hang in there, You will survive this. Just be the good enough mom.
I love ya

Rie Pie said...

Not every Mother can be puke buddies with her son. This was a special moment for you.....

Tiffany said...

I AM SO SORRY... Like I said before; I don't deal with throw up well. I wish there were a magic wand I could wave to take it all away for you. Hang in there.

mj said...

that is rough...really rough.

*Marie* said...

I'm so sorry, Lera. What a tough day. I hope the rest of your day got better.

Maybe we could get together soon. I would love to hang out.

Jenn said...

I remember this happening when 8 months pregnant with the flu and Sam with the flu, nakedness and all. It definitely feels like you have hit rock bottom huh?