Monday, April 27, 2009

Flowers Turned to Wild Animals, Tom Hanks, and Feeding a Small Army

Has my title interested you enough to read on about our weekend?

Friday London and I had planned on taking the kids to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. By the time we got there though the weather was awful and we were told it was about a two hour walk through. The kids were freezing, and it looked like it might even rain so we decided to bag it and went to Cabela's to look around instead. Neither of us had been there before. I am NOT into hunting at all, and I think taxidermy is pretty creepy most of the time (head mounted on walls and such), but most of it was tastefully done, and the aquarium, shooting gallery and candy shop with yummy fudge was too cool. So the day was saved thanks to a trip to the sporting goods store.

Saturday we attended a Seagull Book Reunion. I, along with a couple others, set it up through Facebook. My previous manager, Holly, now manages Fat Cats, so we had the party there. We ate pizza, and played arcades and bowled for free. Holly also gave us a gift card to return again; she definitely had the hookup! It was so fun being able to catch up with all my former coworker friends. Here's a crazy side note to our evening, Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson were also bowling at Fat Cats. Holly clued us in so we could all casually stroll by them to check them out. I tried to get a picture but it was too dark and they were too far away, and I didn't want to be a stalker so I gave up after a couple tries. However, from what I saw, I can now claim that I bowl better than Tom Hanks.

Sunday we had signed up to feed the missionaries. It also happened to be the same week we had a big Nichols family dinner planned, so we prepared a whole lot of food. We had mini meatloaves, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, rolls and brownie sundaes (with Leatherby's ice cream) for dessert. We received a call just before dinner letting us know the missionaries had been transferred that afternoon, so we invited the Dunn family over to help eat all the food. We played a couple games. It was a very yummy, loud and fun Sunday.

2 comments:

Linnae said...

Tom Hanks was at Fat Cats? What in the world? We haven't been to Cabela's yet but sounds like we need to. And your meal sounds wonderful! Go YOU!

Rie Pie said...

Yeah Taxidermy is super creepy. I can't believe that you bowl better than Tom Hanks... Does he get less than 30 too? lol