There's been a few times during motherhood that I have felt my fire fizzle in such a manner, and thankfully, my considerate husband Greg has always been there to pick up the pieces, i.e. run a load of dishes while I take a nap, comfort a crying baby so I can comfort myself, or take me out to eat instead of having me make dinner. I don't know if it's the added difficulty of being pregnant, or the fussiness Palmer has been exerting through his various recent illnesses, but now even my dependable husband backup is burnt out.
So here are some things I am imagining today as Palmer naps to help me feel better.
- A dip in a bubbling hot tub on a cool evening.
- Sitting on a beach and rubbing my bare toes into the warm sand.
- Relaxing on the couch and reading a book while a maid cleans my home.
- Dining at a fancy restaurant with candlelight, a pianist and creme brulee.
- Sleeping on a nice big soft bed with a big fluffy pillow.
Tonight we are redeeming my sister's birthday gift to Greg, a free date, movie and babysitting. Hooray! Hopefully we will return a little less stressed, a little more relaxed and a bit happier. And as a bonus, someone else will be changing the diapers this evening.