Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ten Months

It is so crazy to me that my baby is now ten months old. That means I have been a momma for almost a year; unfortunately, I still have no idea what I am doing most of the time! Palmer is at a super fun stage. He really plays hard and likes to interact a lot. He finds joy in exploring the most simple aspects of his world. Life is so much more fun when seen through a little one's eyes. He has been a bit clingy and fussier than usual. I'm hoping this is just a stage, or because he had ear infections (I remember him acting in a similar way the last time he had them, even a week or so after the antibiotics were finished.) Here is the scoop on Palmer at ten months.

He has learned: to chew/gum just about anything, to finger feed himself small pieces of food, to clap, to imitate others sounds and movements, to move himself from a sitting position to the floor (without falling and smacking his head), and to hold himself up in a standing position for a short time

He likes: playing in the bathtub, other children (as long as they aren't touching him), getting out of the house, winding down at home, rolling around on the floor, trying new adult foods (his most recent favorites include: lasagna, salmon and french fries), and he is finally to the point that he really enjoys nursing (of course just before I'm planning to start weaning him)

He dislikes: getting his nose wiped, when I leave the room, seeing his dad leave for work in the morning, runny baby food, and other children touching him.

Things he does that makes us laugh: roughhouse with his dad, play in bed instead of sleeping, yell to hear himself talk, and big laughs

1 comment:

Rie Pie said...

See!! Salmon is always a good idea. I love this pic!