Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!!

It's official; we're pregnant! I had my first doctor's visit today and he confirmed that I am about two months along. The news of this little babe came as quite a shock to Greg and me. We tried for Palmer for two years and went on a couple stretches of fertility medication to bring him into the world. In fact, my doctor said there was no need to use birth control with our history, plus I was nursing, so it was very unlikely.

A few weeks ago I was feeling very tired, very hungry, and at times nauseated. I quickly dismissed all of these signs: the tired must be from the stresses of everyday life, the hungry because I needed to get my appetite under control, and the nausea because I just couldn't get over the flu I had a couple weeks ago. But after about a month I thought I should take a test just to make sure. And, as you can now guess, amazingly, it came up positive!

Initially we were a bit worried about how we would deal with two babies so close in age and all the emotional, physical, and financial stresses to come, but now we are mostly just happy and excited. It is apparent to us that this baby is meant to be in our lives at this time. It came against many physical odds, Greg just got a promotion at work, Palmer is a good baby, and hopefully this new little one will follow in suit. We are surely blessed.

14 comments:

Jenn said...

yah! congrats! Then you can join the mom of two club....it's a fun one!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! We are very excited for your cute family!! :)

Linnae said...

Congratulations!

Angela said...

I am soooo excited for you. I hope that the pregnancy goes well. It's always fun to add another member to the family. Congrats!

Lisa said...

My sweet Lera, I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this news with me and with all of us. What a blessing. Can not wait to go on this journey with you. Your children will be the best of friends. I hope you are doing well. I love you so.

zanobo said...

Lera, this is such exciting news! All of my siblings are very close in age and it was great fun!! Love ya and congratulations.

sweet nectar sara said...

we got pregnant again when our second was 6 months old! it was a little crazy, but not so bad. it will be fun to have them close when they're older :)
congrats and good luck.

mj said...

yay! jenn told me over the weekend but i was waiting till you told the world to congratulate you! i am happy for you! i know getting palmer was very stressful...nice to know this one was a bit easier! congrats!!!!!

Barb said...

congratulations, your life will be richly blessed, and your joys out numbered

The Hancuff's said...

good for you guys! that is exciting:) i hope you get past the morning sickness part without too much stress. congratulations.

Dwight said...

Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you, you are such an awesome mom so I KNOW that all will go well with two little ones. Love Ya, Claire

Stoney said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! How far apart will they be?? Good Luck! Can't wait to see you at the Seagull Reunion:)

Lera said...

They'll be 17 months apart. I can handle that, right? Is it obvious that I am trying to convince myself with that statement?

Lissa and Cory said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lera and Greg. That is so awesome.