Monday, March 2, 2009

Recipes - German Pancakes and Pizza Pasta

I realized it has been a little while since I posted a recipe, so here you go. As an added bonus, both of these are super-duper easy. Seriously, they take about five minutes of preparation, and have very quick baking times. I've been all about easy simple meals this last week. The German pancake recipe is from my mom; it was my favorite as a child. The pizza pasta is from my friend Jenny, who always provides me with wonderfully easy, yet very tasty meals. I often half each of these recipes if it's only Greg and I dining.

German Pancakes

1 stick butter
1 dozen eggs
2 c. milk
1 c. flour

Melt butter in 9x13 casserole dish. Blend eggs, milk, and flour. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with syrup and/or powdered sugar.

Pizza Pasta

1 bag of egg noodles
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 small bag of pepperoni
1 jar of black olives
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
*any other pizza toppings are optional

Boil noodles until cooked through. Slice olives, and fry pepperoni (if desired). Mix together noodles, sauce, pepperoni, olives and half of the cheese in a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Microwave for five minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments: