Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recipe - Berry Delight Trifle

We had a YSA activity tonight (Greg and I are the advisers for our ward). The stake held an Irish mystery dinner. Basically, the menu was comprised of Irish sayings such as: Top o' the Morning, St. Paddy's Day Parade, Pot of Gold, Shamrock Surprise, etc, and everyone ordered such items without knowing what they actually represented. I was in charge of the trifle. My mother always made English trifle on special occasions, and it had been a while since I made one. I usually make trifle with strawberries and blueberries, and sometimes bananas when the mood strikes, but the store was out of blueberries so I substituted blackberries this time. I had to triple the recipe to feed about 40; it ended up being the mother of all trifles! It was super yummy though and went very fast.

Berry Delight Trifle


1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
1 12 oz. carton frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
1 10 in. angel food cake, cut into 1 in. cubes
1 quart fresh berries, plus a few set aside for garnish

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Add milk and pudding mix, fold in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping. Place half the cake cubes in a 3 qt. glass bowl. Layer with half of the berries and then half the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers. Spread remaining whipped topping over top. Garnish with additional berries. Serves 12-14.

2 comments:

Rie Pie said...

Palmer is so stinkin' cute. I love his pics below!!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the YSA thing! I did my taxes...good taxes this year...thank goodness.

zanobo said...

The Trifle looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, I can't wait to try it...now I need a glass bowl or it just wouldn't be as yummy!