Monday, March 16, 2009

Are You Going to Finish That?

The first couple months of this pregnancy I was ravenously eating everything in sight. I was, unbeknownst to me, not only nursing but pregnant as well. This was a deadly combination to any food item not yet ready to meet its demisable fate.

Now I have officially entered the bizarre "I need to eat, but I can't eat that" phase. If I do happen to find something that looks appealing, about halfway through it I can no longer stomach it. Once in a while this happens mid-bite and in order to keep myself from throwing up I need to immediately spit out what I have been chewing. Today I have started, yet not finished the following: a bowl of cereal, a banana, a piece of pizza and a slice of chocolate pie.

Since I've done this before, I know what other stages are coming up. Next will be the throwing up just about everything stage, and after that, throwing up partial foods. As in once after eating pizza I only threw up the cheese (I swear it's true!). And then will come the my stomach is so squished and uncomfortable that I can only take in my daily calories in the form of juices and shakes.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

My doctor gave me anti-nausea pills nice and early with this pregnancy (I had to throw up and continue to lose weight for five months last time) but sadly, I can't start them until I am done breastfeeding. And crazily enough, after nine months of struggled nursing, Palmer has decided he now likes to be breastfed and no longer will take formula. What's a nauseated-pregnant-desperately-trying-to-wean-mom to do?

3 comments:

fall-girl said...

Oh you poor thing! Baby food, finger food, table food, and easing into whole milk...that's what the poor mommy should do. (Since I'm a doctor and all..ha!). Love you and wish I could take away the discomfort.

Angela said...

I'm sorry that you get that sick, that would be hard. It can be hard to stop nursing. I got my girls off by taking out one at a time. It was usually one week at a time. that way they usually didn't notice. If that doesn't work with him I would do it cold turkey.

Jenn said...

I am sorry..that is rough. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I haven't had that problem yet fortunately. Just tell Palmer to make your life easier and be weaned! (yeah we wish it was that easy huh?)