Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Still Long and Skinny

Palmer had his nine month check up yesterday. I was excited because this one would be shot free. What I didn't know was that since he is breastfed, he would have to have his blood taken to check his iron level. Poor kid; he still got poked. The doctor, the nurse and the lab workers all commented on how happy and smiley he was. They asked me if he was always like that, to which I replied yes, and they shook their heads in amazement. The nurse said he is the happiest baby she has seen all week. It's always nice to know that others enjoy your little one as you do. The checkup revealed that Palmer has too ear infections, which looking back on the last couple weeks explains a lot. He's been more clingy and fussy (at work with me and in the evenings) than usual and waking up in the night crying (he's always gone right back to bed before I even made it in there, so I didn't think much of it). He is still a long skinny boy. He weighs 18 lb. 12 oz. (the 22nd percentile) and is 30 3/4 in. long (the 99th percentile). His head circumference is average. I'm thinking he might end up even being taller than his daddy! The doctor called him one tall drink of water which made Palmer laugh.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a blessing to have such a sweet smiley little guy. I too love that smiling face, it brings me great happiness. Can not wait to see how tall he gets.

mj said...

don't get me wrong...i am not glad that palmer is sick, but i am glad that you posted about it...C has been tired, irritable, snotty and coughing for some time now. yesterday and today have been especially bad. i was under the impression kids had to have a fever to have an ear infection. after reading your blog yesterday, seeing C so sad and sick today, we took him in to the ole doc...and would you know it!? he has two ear infections. if it hadn't been for your blog i wouldn't have taken him in today. thanks palmer!

Lera said...

I'm glad I could be of help Maegen. That totally sounds like how Palmer was acting. Now that I know what is going on, his cranky (well, cranky for him, he's a good boy) disposition makes a lot more sense, and I don't get as frazzled trying to figure out what is wrong. Poor kid... looking back, I know he's had it for a while. I wish there was someway for them to tell us what hurts!

fall-girl said...

And I just love that L&S guy, his smile always brightens my life!