Thursday, February 5, 2009

Obessive Compulsive

I'll admit it, I'm a little obsessive compulsive at times. I mentioned before how our home is not always clean, but it is sure to be organized. For some reason I can tolerate an unswept floor (for a while) but not an unalphabetized movie shelf. So imagine my dismay when I finished loading the dishwasher to discover this...


Okay, so it might not be such a big deal that I noticed the empty space among the other nicely arranged dishes. I'm sure many of you out there might take notice. But my obsession didn't stop there. I then scoured the house looking for anything that might possibly need a run through the dishwasher, i.e. cups or plate that could have matriculated to other rooms in the house, a close to empty butter dish or flour/sugar container, even one of Palmer's toys. To my frustration, I came up with nothing.

Then Greg came to the rescue with a dirtied glass and dinner plate and was greeting by a very happy and appreciative me. I gratefully took the soiled flatware and enthusiastically thanked him. Little did he know this rare act of eagerness originated from a neurotic compulsion rather than the perceived cheerful homemaking desire. Shhhh... don't tell.

4 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

That's funny! Don't come look at my dishwasher :)

Brian_n_Amy said...

Hahahaha! That is so funny! I get like that sometimes too. Don't feel bad. Brian actually tells me all the time that I can be pretty neurotic. I'm just glad I'm not the only one.

mj said...

you make me smile :o)

Jenn said...

You are crazy! j/k I can be obessive compulsive about some things, not necessarily the dishwasher but just dishes in the sink in general. I guess it has tamed down a bit now that my house is always a disaster!