Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

New Years was pretty laid back this year. We had dinner with Greg's family on the New Years Eve and went home around ten to put Palmer to bed. Greg watched a movie and I read and then at five til midnight we tuned in to watch the ball drop. New Years Day we visited my family, dejunked a big part of our backroom (stuff left from my parents, who we bought the house from), and I made a yummy meal.

2008 was a great year for us. I am so thankful for all we are blessed with: our family, friends, home, jobs, ward... I could go on and on.

I am also looking forward to the new year, and am excited to have a fresh start on some goals I've left to the wayside. This year I am trying to stick to only a few so that I can really focus on them and not feel so overwhelmed. My physical goal is to lose weight (the same every year, sigh) by exercising regularly and cutting out the sweets (gasp, I know I took this one hard too). I do still love to bake though, so my friends and neighbors can look forward to some yummy treats as I give away most of the goods in attempts to not eat them all. My spiritual goal is to attend the temple once a month. When we are steady in our temple attendance, life just seems to be better. I am happier and more at peace. And lastly, a personal goal, I will finish my book. I started writing a novel a couple months ago, and have been neglecting it a bit lately. I'll have to give myself a page quota to meet each week. Greg and I have a couples goal as well - to live within our means and not use credit. We sat down and figured out a budget today; it will be difficult, but we have faith that we will be provided for.

Well there it is. I've told all of cyberworld my resolutions. I suppose that means I had better follow through, because if I don't, everyone will know of my failures. Yikes! There's some motivation.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

OK my friend, I love your goals as they are mine as well. I have not sat down and decided on them but I do know I want to get in better shape and attend the temple more. So let's help each other.
We can do it. Happy New Year

Adrienne said...

Don't you love new year's goals? You can do it! My goals are similar. But don't stop baking, I tried those snickerdoodles and they are AMAZING!!!!!!