Sunday, January 4, 2009

Four Year Anniversary

Four years ago today I was lucky enough to marry my sweetheart, and the love of my life, my hubby Greg. He is such a wonderful husband and father. He is extremely patient and kind. He never gets angry at me. (I wish I could return that favor, but for some reason I seem to care about a lot more things than he does.) He has a great sense of humor, and always makes me laugh. He makes life fun. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and is a good and worthy priesthood holder. I am so thankful he chose me to be his eternal companion. I love him more and more each day!

We celebrated our anniversary in grand fashion this year, as in we spent a lot of money and went out without the baby... a couple things we rarely do.

Friday night we went to see Body Worlds 3. Greg has been dying to go, and we could finally justify the money. It was truly fascinating. A few parts were a bit much for me and I got a little creeped out, but Greg was enthralled. Palmer was a perfect little boy. We were in line for an hour and the exhibit took another two hours, and the elevator from the parking lot to the museum was broken, so we had to hike the baby and stroller up the outside stairs, but he took it all like a trooper. The people in line were loving his smiles and flirtation.

Saturday we had Greg's mom babysit. First we went to a matinee of Marley and Me. We loved it! So sweet, so easy to relate to. I'm not even a huge animal lover and I was very touched by the film. The film was good fun and had lots of laughs, and even surprisingly, a lot of deeper significance. It gets the Hess seal of approval.

We went to lunch at Rodizio Grill, one of our favorite places that we only allow ourselves to go to on birthdays or anniversaries. It did not disappoint. Oh... the pineapple... my mouth waters just thinking of it! Afterwards we stopped by Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for some gourmet caramel apples. Greg has gotten me hooked on the apple pie variety (caramel, white chocolate, cinnamon and sugar, it's absolute loveliness!).

Palmer even had a nice surprise for us today. Greg was letting him chew on his finger in Gospel Doctrine, and he felt a tooth. Upon our investigation we discovered that both bottom front two teeth had finally popped out!

Woo Hoo! Greg and Lera, four years and still going strong!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Lera, you are SO beautiful. What a gorgeous couple. I love the pictures and there is your sweet mom with arm raised praising her little girl. I am so glad you were able to go and do and have fun. What a blessing. Happy Anniversary.

Barb said...

WOW - I still remember that day, it stopped snowing long enough for your pictures. CONGRATULATIONS