Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Up on the Times

Okay, as said earlier and requested by Lisa (who always finds ways to make me feel good about myself, thanks girl!), I am blogging a list of things I keep up on as apposed to my "Behind the Times" post. This one is shorter and was much harder to think of, but here it is nonetheless.



  1. Cooking and Baking. Rarely do we go an evening without a homecooked meal. I personally think this is pretty cool of me because Greg isn't even home to eat it when it's prepared since he goes to school at night. He does, however, enjoy the reheated meal at 10:00 pm when he gets home and the leftovers the next day at work (which he says his coworkers often ohh and ahh over). I also bake, to the dismay of my waistline, homemade goodies once or twice a week. This week on the menu: cranberry apple pork roast with red potatoes and green beans, sweet and sour meatballs over rice, spinach and ham pasta bake, roast beef shepards pie with warm rolls from the oven, tuna noodle casserole with peas, sundried tomato and chicken alfredo over fetticini with salad, and for dessert: no-bake cherry crisps, and smores bars.

  2. Scrapbooking. I debated putting this one on here, because I am not actually even close to caught up on my books, but I do care about them enough to put an extensive amount of time and care into each page I create. Our albums make me happy and I always feel a nice sense of accomplishment as I look at them and share them with others.

  3. My Religion. I attend church every week, unless we are sick or out of town. We pay our tithing first chance we get, a promise we made to eachother off the bat when we first married. We have family prayer daily. I magnify my callings to the best of my abilities. I could be more dedicated about reading scriptures, but all in all, I am active in my worship. It, conjoined with my family, is the most important thing in my life and I try my best to let my Heavenly Father know I feel so.

  4. Primping. I'll be honest and admit this has gone down a titch in quality since Palmer came into my life (see "A Step Away from Mom Jeans"), but I still do make an attempt to look presentable daily. I rarely leave the house without my hair coiffed and my make-up (even though it is minimal three minute job) done. I do try not to look like the tired and haggard mommy that I actually am most of the time.

  5. Blogging. As noted in my earlier "Behind the Times" post, I spend far too much time making sure our blog is updated and reflects our family events, ideas, and values. I also spend some part of every day keeping up on my cyber-communication, i.e. e-mail and Facebook. However, I will strongly argue this does not make me a computer nerd like my husband Greg. I am using the technology to interact with others, not just to be immersed in databases, microchips, switches and other geeky stuff (love you hun!).

Now that I've spent an entire post bragging about myself (and noticing some of these things I am so proud of are of very little importance), I'm inviting all my readers to post in a comment here or on their own blog something that they keep up on or do well. That way, we can all have some warm fuzzy feelgoods.


By the way, does this remind any of my old young woman pals of that lesson I gave on talents, where we basically spent the whole time complimenting each other? Yeah, it was a bit embarrassing, but admit it, you all liked it!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I loved this post! Good for you! And I know what you mean - my house may be a disaster, but my blurb book (my version of scrapbooking) came last week and I am so proud of it!

Lisa said...

My dear friend Lera, What a wonderful post. I am so proud of you. First of all I am in awe of what a wonderful cook you are. I fancy myself as a pretty good cook, but you my dear are at the top of the game. I want to come over on Sun dried Tomato, chicken Alfredo night for sure. This is a wonderful list and all these things are of major importance. Let's not forget the wonderful mother you are to Palmer. I am way impressed that you cook and Greg is not home. That is a huge thing to be proud of. I am so proud to be your friend, I think you are awesome.

Rie Pie said...

I also think you are very good about commenting on my blog...since you are the only one. lol