Thursday, December 4, 2008

O Christmas Tree

We attended the Festival of Trees this evening. I make a tradition of going every year. I love it; it is one of my favorite holiday outings. I love all the colors, the creativity, the yummy treats and the stories behind the trees (I get teary eyes every time). Our favorite trees this year were a tree made of blown glass and another tree that had a marble maze running throughout it. Both had amazing craftsmanship and were so very creative.



This year, as an added bonus, we were able to see Palmer also enjoy the lights, festivities and all around magic of the festival. He had a blast. There were a few trees he was absolutely enthralled with. His eyes lit up, he smiled real big, squealed and kicked his feet like crazy. We had several people comment on how cute he was being. I'm so grateful we have such a pleasant natured, happy little guy. He makes everything so fun!

Here are a few other visual treats we found.

Although the trees at the festival are unbelievably beautiful, I love our tree the very best. I know I am biased, but it has so much meaning to me. First off, the tree was a gift to us for our first Christmas as a married couple from my parents. And secondly, all the ornaments on the tree are from Greg and my wedding. We were married in January and decorated the cultural hall with 30 white lighted pine trees, each with a different set of ornaments. It was my fairy tale wedding, and I love recreating it every year with our lovely tree.

8 comments:

Stoney said...

I remember so clearly the decorations at your wedding. They were beautiful. I wanted to have a winter wedding because of you!!!!! I am glad you are able to recreate those memories every year.

Adrienne said...

Wow, how did you ever round up that many trees!! I would love to see the wedding pictures!

Lisa said...

What a fun post. I love the festival as well. Thanks for the pictures. I love that your little guy is so cute and easy going. What a blessing. I also love that you LOVE your tree. Everyone's trees hold meaning for them and what a wonderful tradition to have. See ya soon.
Happy Holidays

Rie Pie said...

Beautiful tree!! I really want to go to the festival... maybe soon.

Your first pic made me laugh...Is that the ghost of Christmas past??

Lera said...

Yeah, it's a little overdeveloped. I'm not that white.

Rie Pie said...

you're not fooling anyone.

Lynette said...

Does Palmer ever cry? :) He always has the biggest, brightest smile in every picture!!

And I think you should post your reception pictures...30 trees...Wow!!! We were married in December (6 years on the 21st) and had one, lone Christmas tree in the corner...So creative!!

Martha Belle Schultz said...

I went last year and loved it . It looks like alot of fun ! Hoefully I can go this year !