Friday, December 12, 2008

Cookie Exchange & Recipe - No Bake Cherry Crisps

We are swimming in cookies at the Hess home right now. Last night London and I hosted a duo-neighborhood cookie exchange. Everyone in attendance brought two dozen cookies and 24 copies of the coorespoonding recipe. We all loaded our plates with one of each cookie and munch on the leftovers through the evening as we gabbed and laughed. Thanks to all those who attended; I had a great time, and the cookies were absolutely phenomenal!

London's gorgeous sugar cookies
My no bake cherry crisps
No Bake Cherry Crisps

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 & 1/3 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained, dried and chopped
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup pecans chips
1 - 2 cups flaked coconut

Beat powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter in large bowl. Stir in cereal, cherries, chocolate chips and pecans. Mix well. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll in coconut. Place on cookie sheets and refrigerate 1 hour. Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

That was so much fun last night! Thanks for thinking of me and inviting me. Makes me want to throw a cookie party of my own someday :)