Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Check-up, New Job and Elections

Yesterday was an eventful day for us. Palmer had his six month check up. He is still a very tall and skinny boy. He measured 29 inches (99th percentile) and weighed 16 lbs. 2 oz. (26th percentile). The doctor said he might take a bit longer to learn to sit up and walk just because he is so long and it takes more precision to balance his body. He took his shots like a champ. He let out two big cries and then cuddled up to me and sucked his thumb. He has one more flu shot in a month and then won't need anymore until he is a year old. I am relieved; I hate having to watch him get shots.

I also started my new job at the fitness center day care yesterday. I think it will work out just great. It was a bit rough last night because Palmer had his shots earlier, and was fussy and very clingy (I had to hold him the entire time; my arms felt like jello by the end of my shift). I didn't plan that too well. But it was definitely easier than watching children in my home. Most of the kids are only in there for an hour and there are a lot of fun things to occupy their attention. My sister-in-law also works there and it is nice to spend time with her and my cute nieces. I think the environment will be good for Palmer too, because he will be exposed to other children and hopefully learn to play nicely with them. That way when we have our next child it won't be a huge adjustment for Palmer.

We were home in time to watch the end of the presidential election. I'm a bit worried that both houses as well as the president are democratic. I think our country is far too liberal as it is, but I guess that's why as members of the church we live in the world, and not of it. Even though I voted for McCain, I do think it's pretty amazing that we have a black president. What a way to absolutely shatter the boundaries of race.

I am so grateful for the health and wellness of our family. The Lord truly looks after us and provides for us.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! I am glad it went well at the fitness center, Palmer will definitely enjoy it as he gets older.