Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recipe - No Looking While It's Cooking Chicken

We had the Hess side of the family over for dinner today, as well as Sariah and Shea. I made no looking while it's cooking chicken, peas and carrots, and lemon bars. Greg's mom brought rolls and Sariah brought soda pop. The recipe was given to me by my friend Jenn, who always has tasty, yet easy recipes. This one is just perfect for Sunday dinner because it bakes for three hours, just the right amount of time to cook while at church.

No Looking While it’s Cooking Chicken

4 tbsp. butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
2 c. uncooked rice
1 soup can milk
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Grease 9 x 13 pan with butter. Sprinkle raw rice on top. Combine soup over rice and pour milk over soup. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over chicken. Cover pan with tin foil. Bake at 275 degrees for 3 hours. Do not lift foil during cooking time.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello my dear friend, It was so food to see you yesterday. So I found your recipe for Lemon Bars. Although, I really think I need to taste yours first to make sure I do it write. I too would love to eat your cooking anytime. You are amazing.

Erin said...

lera! just so you know -- i posted a blog today and i wanted to put a picture of you on it, but i didn't have one!! we need to take a picture together just for cases like this! anyway, don't be mad that your face isn't on the post -- i did mention lemon bars though!

fall-girl said...

Ummm...you made lemon bars for someone else???? Are you cheating on us??? :)

Love you, even more than your yummy treats!.

T