Monday, November 24, 2008

Good Luck Charm

We don't need a rabbit's foot or a lucky penny in our home. Even better, our family has been gifted with a nice bald head to rub, and as a bonus this bald head isn't on a grumpy malodorous old man, but on a cheerful, sweet smelling, and oh so soft baby. Even Palmer enjoys his hairless do and is often rubbing it, patting it, caressing it and grabbing at it. He does this when he's happy, sad, angry, nursing, tired, and playing. In fact, a couple months ago he gave himself a bit of a rash from scratching at the back of his head so much.

I was bald until I was two, and we think Palmer might follow suit. Lately though, we have, to our dismay, noticed a little more hair growth atop his head. It is thin and extremely light in color, so it's not too obvious, but it's still sad to see him move on from the hairless state by which he is so well known. Oh well, I guess all things must eventually come to an end. His baldness is super cute now, but I suppose if it continued in such a manner, with his light complexion, he might end up looking like Powder. I suppose we will just have to enjoy it while it lasts and sap up all the good luck possible from our bald headed babe whom we love so very much.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

That last picture is SOOOO sweet!

Brian_n_Amy said...

Palmer has got the CUTEST little dimples! I just love it! I love seeing him smile in church. It's so freakin' adorable!

Haley Greer said...

Really. You own the cutest kid ever.

Rie Pie said...

That first picture just screams "Hi, my name is Palmer, and I'm a STUD."