Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy Busy

We have been busy with lots of plans and lots of fun in the Hess home.

Friday night we went out with some friends in the ward, the Crowfords and the Hursts to celebrate Gary Hursts' birthday. We went to a restaurant in Bountiful called Mandarin. It honestly was the best Chinese food I have ever had! The company was great to; we had a blast. I made Brownie Goody Bars for Gary. They are his favorite and we, of course, enjoyed snacking on the few that didn't fit on the plate we gave him.

Saturday during the day we saw Twilight. An old coworker and her son offered to watch Palmer. We had them over for lunch before we left for the movie as a thank you. We had Papa Murphy's pizza and what Greg calls a pregnancy salad (this time it included spinach leaves, cottage cheese, bacon, craisens, pecans and raspberry vinigrette). It's called pregnancy salad in our home because I always craved green salads with fruit when I was pregnant. At least once a week Greg came home to a big macked out salad for dinner which contained one or all of the following: mandarin oranges, craisens, strawberries, and/or raspberries.

Saturday evening we visited our friends the Jennes in Orem to see their new baby girl, Madelyn. She is adorable! So sweet and so tiny. She's pretty mellow and likes to sleep. I think she looks like her momma. I held the baby and chatted with Jenn while Greg and Jake played the Wii (as always).

Sunday we went to church. Palmer only fussed for a very short time, which was great because we were able to enjoy the lessons. We had a wonderful lesson based on President Uchtdorf's talk "The Infinite Power of Hope". I remembered being inspired by the talk during conference. Upon revisiting it, I was once again uplifted. During the closing prayer all the sisters in our Relief Society held hands. It was a nice moment; I truly love all my friends in our ward. They are wonderful women, and I am so very blessed to have them in my life.

1 comment:

Stoney said...

I LOVE the MANDARIN!!!! I think it is a best kept secret in the Murphy family.