Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vote

Last night we went to City Hall and voted early as a family. This is actually the first time Greg and I have voted. I've always felt guilty when election day came around and I was not registered; Greg has said the same thing. We barely made the registry deadline and so we decided to not leave the actual voting until the last minute. It was a great feeling to cast our ballots, to know we had a say, to declare what we believed in, and to set an example of patriotism for Palmer. We both voted for McCain. We feel his ideals and the Republican Party's ideals are more in line with our own.

5 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Cute pics!

Lisa said...

First of all, your son is the cutest thing EVER. I just want to pinch those checks. Way to go Voting. I am not a political person but I do agree that it is our right and priviledge to vote. So way to go Lera and family.

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Super cute pics of Palmer. Congrats on your first vote!!

Rie Pie said...

go McCain!!! Good job voting. Palmer is so stinkin cute!! I think you need to blog about how his name was rooted from President Palmer on 24. Palmer for president in 2044!! (eww. I'll be 60 years old by the time Palmer can run...)

Lera said...

That's true Rie. David Palmer was America's first black president. Been there, done that, Barak.