Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spoon Feeding

You know that scene in The Incredibles where Elastigirl is feeding baby food to Jack Jack and making funny faces as she does it? Well, Greg and I both do this. No matter how hard I try to look normal while feeding Palmer, I find my face contorting to open-mouthed ridiculousness. And of course there is not a feeding that goes unaccompanied by my lovely singing of "Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got love in my tummy," and "I like to eat, eat, eat, epples and banenes." In our home you get dinner and a show!

In all serious, Palmer is a great eater. I was a bit surprised because he is not a good nurser, but solids have come quite easily to him. (I do hope I can keep my milk, because he's really not interested in nursing now.) He eats baby food three times a day and goes through a jar of vegetables, a jar of fruit and a whole lot of rice cereal. He loves mealtime and "mmmms" and laughs as he eats.

1 comment:

Rie Pie said...

He is seriously the cutest ever!! I love watching him chomp on his mushy food. He is such a fast learner.