Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The End is in Sight

Today is my last day of running the daycare; I am so excited. I will miss the children, but it will be great to be able to sleep in with Palmer, not be confined to the house all day, and basically put my time and efforts into my own family and home. Yesterday Greg stayed home sick from work, and today Palmer is sick and needs to go to the doctor, so Greg had to stay home again. I can't help but think how much easier our lives will be when I am no longer tending children all day. I could have taken care of Greg yesterday, and he would have had a quiet relaxing home in which to nurse back to health. Today I would have been able to take Palmer to the doctor myself and Greg could go back to business as usual. Not to mention the fact that I would have been able to go back to sleep with Palmer this morning (he woke at 4:30 am and didn't go back to bed until 6:30 am, when the other children started showing up).

Next week I am going to start working twice a week at the local fitness center. I will once again be watching kids in daycare, but this time it will only be for a few hours and it will be outside of my home, which means more freedom for me and less wear and tare on our house. I also get to bring Palmer with me for no charge, so I don't have to worry about finding and paying someone to watch him, and I receive a free membership to the fitness center. Can you say sweet!? I'm really excited about this new job. It sounds just about perfect, and it will give us the little extra income we need to get by.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

CONGRATS!!! That sounds like a much better setup!

mj said...

that is a pretty sweet job!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, and Madelyn said...

Are you going to be at the West Valley Fitness Center? We love it there! Congrats on being done with daycare, it'll be nice to have your life back!