Monday, October 20, 2008

Recipe - Brownies with Chocolate Frosting

My parents were all about boxed and frozen cooking. Growing up on that kind of food has really turned me off of it and now I am all about making homecooked food. I make pretty much everything from scratch. However, I have always liked boxed brownies, and just recently have I found a recipe that I like even more. This is adapted from an old co-worker's recipe. She had the best homemade brownies I had ever tried and with a few adaptations, they are now even a bit sweeter. We served them to the missionaries this weekend, still just a little warm and they gobbled them up. Enjoy!

Brownies with Chocolate Frosting

brownies:
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. melted shortening
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips

Cream eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir in flour and salt. Mix in butter, shortening, cocoa and vanilla. Add chocolate chips. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool 10 minutes and then cover with frosting.

frosting:
3 tbsp. cocoa
6 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. milk
powdered sugar

Cook cocoa, butter and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Take off the stove once melted and add powdered sugar until thick. Put pan back on stove until frosting once again gets a little runny stirring constantly; don't cook too long. Pour onto brownies and spread evenly.

1 comment:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Thank you SOOOO much for posting your delicious brownie recipe!!! YOU ARE THE BOMB!