Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Pleasures

We had a super fun weekend. I pretty much played the whole time and now I am left with a bunch of errands, laundry and cleaning to do through the week. Here's what we did:

What a Woman Wants Expo. My friend Celeste, who makes the cutest bows, had a booth at the expo and gave me, my friend Erin, my sister London and our friend Susan free tickets. We had a good time looking about and shopping a little. We also enjoyed some girly primping; London and Susan had some hair extensions put in (London had blue and Susan had red) and I had my eyebrows waxed.

Sleep. Palmer has been sleeping longer at night since we introduced rice cereal into his diet. Saturday morning he woke up at 8:00, which was already much later than normal and even went back to sleep after nursing. I went back to bed as well and we didn't get up until 11:00! I can't remember the last time I was able to really sleep in. Greg and I both really needed it. It felt wonderful!

Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus. On a whim we decided to go to the circus Saturday night. We bought the tickets just a few hours before the show and they were only $10 a piece! We were a bit nervous to bring Palmer since he has been a bit fussy lately, but he did great. He really enjoyed watching the show! He took a half hour nap half way through then woke up and watched the rest of it. We really are so blessed to have such a sweet baby. Greg and I really enjoyed the show as well. It'd been years since either of us had seen the circus. We especially loved the elephants and the motorcyclists in the sphere. It was great fun!

Guy's Night. Since Greg isn't home very often our family time is pretty precious. But, I have been having some nice girly escapes at the expos and it had been a while since Greg hung out with the boys, so Saturday night I watched Palmer and put him to bed while Greg went to a friend's house. They, and a couple other guys, played the Wii. He had a really good time.

Church. I really enjoyed church this Sunday. We have missed a few weeks due to illness and vacationing. And with a stake conference thrown in there, I realized I hadn't taken the sacrament for about a month! I needed the spiritual uplift (and blessings) that come from going to church meetings. I received a lot from the lessons and have decided that I need to be more positive and more thankful. I've kind of been on a pity party as of late, and I really have no good reason to be so down. We are so blessed, and my complaining just makes the trials in our lives that much more difficult. I am going to try to focus more on serving others and less on myself. What would I do without the gospel in my life?

Davis's First Birthday. My nephew Davis turned one this week and we celebrated his birthday on Sunday. It was a devil/angel themed party, since he has his naughty and nice moments. As is tradition, he was given his very own little cake to devour and made a good mess.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a weekend of fun! I am jealous!

Lisa said...

Lera, What a great weekend. I am so glad you have been able to get out and do some ful girly things with your friends and family.