Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recipe - Cookies from a Cake Mix

I've had a recipe request. This is my go to cookie recipe because it is super fast, always dependable and applies to a variety of cookies. It is one of my mom's recipes. The first mother's day after my mom passed away, I made copies of all her recipes for my sisters and myself. I'll be passing down her recipes to my own children. They may not always be my most impressive recipes, but they are my most precious.

Cookies from a Cake Mix

1 pkg. cake mix
½ c. flour
½ c. oil
¼ c. water
1 egg
1 c. chocolate chips or other add-in

Mix all ingredients together. Spoon into balls on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

My favorite combinations of this recipe are: funchip cake mix with chocolate chips, devils food cake mix with peanut butter chips, devils food cake mix with chocolate chips, chocolate cake mix with mint frosting, cherry chip cake mix with chopped maraschino cherries, pecans and chocolate chips and carrot cake mix with raisins and cream cheese frosting.

By the way, this is my 100th post. I've never before been able to keep a regular journal (which is the purpose of this blog). Go me!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

GO LERA,
I love those receeipe cards, that is so cute and creative. Thanks for the cookie ideas. I will try them, I love your blog and so glad we are blog buddies as well. Hope you are doing good,
Love Lisa

Adrienne said...

Sounds yummy, I will have to try those!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Those recipe cards are super cute. The cookie recipe sounds good, I'll have to try it sometime.

Rie Pie said...

I seriously was going to ask you for this recipe yesterday and I forgot. Between the Birthday cake and the Edward Cullen Mii...I just forgot.
Thanks for posting super tasty recipes. Thanks again and again for the gift of Mum's recipes.